“Transform Yourself Into a Music Publicity Pro in Less Than a Week!”
Learn How to Craft News Hooks and Story Ideas That Land You Mega Media Exposure
To really get the media exposure you deserve, you must get inside the heads of the journalists, bloggers, and music reviewers you contact. You need to understand life from their perspective and what gets their attention (as well as what pisses them off).
Only then can you craft the news hooks and story ideas that will lead to mega exposure for your music. That’s exactly what this course will help you do.
Here’s what you get with the “Music Publicity Insider’s Guide” eCourse:
- Lesson 1 — Your Expanded Definition of Journalism and the Media. We start with an important overview of what media and publicity are, and how the landscape has vastly changed in recent years. This is the solid foundation we will build upon.
- Lesson 2 — An Insider’s View of the Music Media. Here I reveal what I learned during my 10 years running a music magazine. These are the crucial perspectives most self-promoters completely miss. Once you know what matters most to editors, writers and bloggers, you’ll get a LOT more press.
- Lesson 3 — The Power of PR Headlines and Subheads. In this lesson we take a deep dive into “news hooks” and “story ideas.” I critique several press release headlines to show you how to distill the essence of your pitch into as few words as possible. I also point out the many mistakes people make when doing this.
- Lesson 4 — The “Indirect Method” of Media Exposure. Very few “experts” teach this method of getting publicity, especially in the music world. If you truly put this untapped technique into action, you would double or triple your media exposure in no time.
- Lesson 5 — Twelve Questions to Help You Uncover Stellar News Hooks. Sometimes artists are too close to themselves to see all the media-friendly aspects of their lives and careers. Use these 12 simple worksheet questions to reveal the hidden gold in your story.
Ready to register? Click here …
Watch the video below for a summary of what the music publicity course is all about:
Important details about how you’ll access and use the online course:
- This course is hosted on Udemy, a popular site for online education. You’ll get access to all of the lessons the day you register.
- Your own profile, user name and password. This online course is accessible from any computer, smartphone or tablet. Upload a photo, add a brief description of who you are, and log in to the course site any time you want.
- With each lesson you will also get detailed worksheets I created just for this eCourse. Doing these exercises will bring these music publicity principles to life so you can apply them to your specific PR needs.
- Discussion prompts within each lesson that allow you to post answers to questions and interact with me and other students taking the eCourse. In these forums you can make new music connections, get and give advice, share resources, and develop new friendships.
- Each step comes with a short video welcome message, a meaty audio recording of the main lesson, text transcripts of the audio, and PDF file worksheets. All of the materials can be seen and heard on the course site or via the Udemy app on your smartphone or tablet.
- This multimedia eCourse is self-guided. Work through the course at your own pace and log in any time you want. There’s no deadline. Access to the course will not expire.
Thanks so much for your interest. I look forward to helping you turbo-charge your music publicity in the weeks ahead.